75100385

I purchased and moved into a house to find rats nesting between

I purchased and moved into a house to find rats nesting between the downstairs ceilings and upstairs flooring. I believe the house was rented out prior to my purchase. Investigation has found a kitchen extension built in 1981 to be the expected point of entry. Do I have any rights against the previous owner?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Are you saying the previous owner knew about it?Was the owner ever asked about any form of infestation please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know for definite but it looks to have been a long time thing. I am thinking of selling up myself. I have spent a lot of money in trying to eradicate the problem & whilst I don't hear them now I can't be sure.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
When did you buy it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
September 2014
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. The old owner would only ever be liable if you asked and he wasnt honest.So you need to speak with your Solicitor to see what questions were asked.It would be the same when you sell - it depends on what you are asked. If you dont lie then there is no issue.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, thank you for your advice.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex