75100385

I went to collect winnings £5 bet on Leicester City to

I went to collect winnings for a £5 bet on Leicester City to win the league.I was given odds of 9 to 1 on 26th December 2015 at 14.23.24 hrs. The odds were clearly written on my receipt.The cashier simply gave me my £5 back,not the £50 less tax that I was expecting.She said that was because the bet was placed 1 hr 31minutes too late.Can this be legal?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.For now please let me know whether you were late or in time?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I placed the bet ,Iwas not told I was not in time
Sadly bets are not enforceable by law, but it may be worth trying to take them to Court just to give them hell and they may take a commercial view and pay out.You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex