75100385

I went to collect winnings £5 bet on Leicester City to

I went to collect winnings for a £5 bet on Leicester City to win the league.I was given odds of 9 to 1 on 26th December 2015 at 14.23.24 hrs. The odds were clearly written on my receipt.The cashier simply gave me my £5 back,not the £50 less tax that I was expecting.She said that was because the bet was placed 1 hr 31minutes too late.Can this be legal?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.For now please let me know whether you were late or in time?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I placed the bet ,Iwas not told I was not in time
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sadly bets are not enforceable by law, but it may be worth trying to take them to Court just to give them hell and they may take a commercial view and pay out.You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex