How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2739
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My brother is going through a divorce, which is being finalised,

Resolved Question:

my brother is going through a divorce, which is being finalised, there are no children, no assets, but his ex is unco-operative and he wishes to ascertain that she cannot come after him any time in the future. she wont sign any consent orders, is there any way he can get a clean break via the court, ifso what application must he make.
thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Were divorce proceedings issued in England or Wales?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes divorce proceedings were issued in England, there was no request for a financial order at time of the petition, we can obtain decree absolute anytime by applying for one now.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - initially this must be attempted through mediation (you can find independent mediators here: If a settlement is agreed this can be submitted to court under a consent order (together with a D81 form outlining your respective financial positions)If mediation does not progress he can then proceed with an application to court under Form A for financial relief and a clean break. I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you