75100385

Last Friday I approached a neighbour regarding some sycamore

Customer Question

Last Friday I approached a neighbour regarding some sycamore trees that have been allowed to grow out of the top of a boundary wall. This wall runs along what was previously a Ha-Ha and the wall is listed although the Ha-Ha is not. Over the years I have spent time and money clearing the shrubs and trees that have been damaging this wall, but now I have to approach the neighbour regarding the sycamore trees as these are about 25 years old and large. Most lean towards my garden, especially one very large Walnut tree, although one or two lean the other way. The roots of these trees are destroying this wall. My neighbour refused my invitation to take a look from my side by visiting my garden. She also suggested I should get a tree surgeon to cut off any overhanging branches, but this is substantial work and I fear that to do so may damage the wall further. As it is listed, who is responsible? Who should I go to for advice? Judith
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Judith my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Who owns the wall please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wall is the property of my neighbour and is the boundary between our two properties.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At least, I think the wall is their property. As this is a rural community some of the boundaries are by negotiation and most people co-operate when it comes to maintenance or repairs. This wall is listed, however, and I am concerned that no further damage occurs. The tree roots have penetrated the wall and dislodged a large proportion of it.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone number is: 01233 840296 (work) or 07831 388309 (mobile)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perhaps I should have mentioned that I am a resident of the UK!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now. Alex