13262538

I'm married , Have been over a year. I have a 2 year

Customer Question

I'm married , Have been for just over a year. I have a 2 year old boy with my wife. I have a morgage in my name only for the last 10 years or so. I pay all the bills , food etc(£ 1500 a month).The only bill my wife pays is child care ( £320 a month)
What would she be intitled to if we split?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion firstHow long have you lived together in total and who has the day to day care of the child.How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?What other assets are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have lived together 3 years. He is in child care 3 days a week . My wife looks after him 2 days a week when she is off work .And we both care for him on weekends.
Owed on morgage 108000 worth 145000
I'm self employed 30000 a year
She employed 9000
She has a pension I don't. She pay £80 a month and has been for 12 years or so.
There are no other assests
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi , are you still there?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delayHow much does a two bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?Are you aware that the site charges extra for a phone call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anywhere between 120000 to 150000No I didn't .Thanks for letting me know
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
carry on in writing then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm happy to call you if it will speed things up ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the news was not better - do not forget to ask if you need more informtaion - it is all covered by the payment you have already made
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare,
Scott from yesterday here.
Was just wondering , if Debbie couldn't afford to pay the mortgage .What would happen then because I wouldn't have to pay the morgage if I'm not living would I ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
YOu will have to pay child and possibly spouse maintenance - but if that is not enough to allow her to pay the mortgage and bills then the house will have to be sold!