12826847

I have been the victim of blackmail for £250 not to disclose some very personl information

I have been the victim of blackmail for £250 not to disclose some very personl information about me . The case is now with the CPS, I have not made a witness statement as I don't want the case to go to court. I believe the only evidence the police have is what I said when I reported the crime and possibly the other guys bank statement showing the payment. the information I have been blackmailed with cannot come into the public domain. I wish for everything to disappear and the case not to proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can I do to stop this proceeding to court or stop any personal information coming out?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If you have made an allegation then I'm afraid you can no longer control the case. You can always tell CPS that you are not willing to support a prosecution but the risk that you face is that they may either carry on with an evidence led prosecution or summons you. There is a risk that they could pursue this largely because it is a serious allegation and money will have been spent upon it. However, the only way to prevent this from getting to court is to withdraw your support. If you haven't got a lengthy history of doing this then you stand a much better chance than one who has. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Jo. although this wasn't the answer I wanted it clarified my position for me and I am grateful for your help.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/