12826847

I am an online Amazon seller...

Customer Question

hi
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi. How can I help ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, we are online seller on amazon. We have sold one of the product in USA on amazon platform (directly to end user). We have been selling it since few months now. Last month, we have received a letter from solicitor of manufacturer that we cant sale that product and they want to know everything whom we have sold the product to etc. but they have clearly mentioned that if you are selling it to end user or patient, please dont provide any details. I have also sent an email detailing everything that we are only seller on amazon and not wholesale the product. Now, they are saying that matter is in court and they can not advice nor reply me. I have their letter as well, please confirm if I can send you that letter as well. They have send the same letter to like 200 odd seller here in the UK. As we are not big company, we cant afford to have solicitor. I have replied to the solicitor few times with all information but not sure whether we should contact court or not?Please advice.Thanks
Umesh
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Why can't you sell it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what I am saying. As ecommerce and online trader, we can sale anything anywhere in the world without any hesitation? as long as products are genuine and not counterfeit? We need advice on that, as we are not sure whether we have to reply to solicitor in USA or not?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What do they say about why you can't sell it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are saying that, as its manufactured in the UK, you cant sale it in the USA. There is a different version for the USA. They are identical in look, they are both english language. The product is diabetic test strips and they work on USA meter as well. This is just the price is higher in the USA so they dont want grey stock to be sold from UK. They have also stopped listing now on amazon so we are not selling now but what about the products which we sold already? We havent broken any law as such. Can they sue us?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure this is my area so I will opt out for others.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, We definitely need advice but its taking too long. Also, money has already deducted from our account even we havent received any advice. Can you please kindly refund that first and if we will receive an advice and satisfied answer, we will surely arrange the payment.Thanks
Umesh