Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have a friend who is having some issues and this is for

I have a friend who is having some issues and this is for her. My friend from India got married to a guy from the UK and he has filed or filing for a divorce. It will be 2 years in June 2016 that they got married. She has not got a decree nisi or a decree absolute, can the Home Office still deport her?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. If your friend is here on a spouse visa or equivalent then she will need to inform the Home Office of the separation. This will not necessarily result in deportation and factors such as children or if there has been domestic violence will allow her to apply to remain in the UK.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you