How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2732
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have a friend who is having some issues and this is for

Resolved Question:

I have a friend who is having some issues and this is for her. My friend from India got married to a guy from the UK and he has filed or filing for a divorce. It will be 2 years in June 2016 that they got married. She has not got a decree nisi or a decree absolute, can the Home Office still deport her?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. If your friend is here on a spouse visa or equivalent then she will need to inform the Home Office of the separation. This will not necessarily result in deportation and factors such as children or if there has been domestic violence will allow her to apply to remain in the UK.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you