Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Good Evening.I lost my wife two weeks ago and today have written

Good Evening.I lost my wife two weeks ago and today have written a new will leaving monies to three of my wife`s children but not to the fourth who had fallen out with me some time ago and who has behaved very badly to his mother towards the end of her life.. He didn`t even give flowers at her burial last Wednesday.
I have been told that it is thought his mentality is such that he could ,when the time comes ,challenge my will. Would he have any grounds to do so,please ?
Richard.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question and sorry for your loss. Challenges to a will can be brought by blood relatives, people who the deceased has an outstanding debt with, people who were promised something by the deceased or someone who was financially provided for by the deceased. So long as he does not meet any of thess grounds he will find it near impossible to contest your will.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you