Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I need to register Enduring Powers of Attorney

Hi, I need to register Enduring Powers of Attorney for both my mother and father. My problem is that they are both beginning to suffer considerable cognitive impairment and she is listed as primary attorney for him, he for her. So is it ok for me as the default attorney in both cases to begin the process of registering these EPAs, set up in 2007.
Just to clarify, his appoints mum and me jointly and severally and hers appoints dad and me jointly and severally - but I need to apply to register both, now, because mum and dad are both suffering similar degrees of confusion and memory loss.
Is it OK for me to make these applications when my joint attorneys are proven by the other application to be incapable? There is a page on the registration form for "attorney 1" and "attorney 2" etc.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your enquiry. As the appointment was on a "joint and several" basis, as such either Attorney (or both) have the right to become Attorneys, and one can act without the other. Therefore, you are perfectly fine and entitled to register both EPA's. I hope this puts your mind at rest. Kind Regards Al
Hi,Can I assist you any further?If not, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.Kind RegardsAl
Hi,Can I assist you any further?Kind RegardsAl