Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My partner and I are separating ( we have never married )

My partner and I are separating ( we have never married ) and wish to sell the house.
In 2012 we signed a Declaration of Trust agreeing that I own 90% of the property and he owns 10%. He is now demanding a much larger share of the house sale proceeds.
I do not agree to his demands.
Can you advise how I stand in this matter ? Also how to proceed if he refuses to sell and won't move out ?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:-Are you in England or Wales?-Has your intention or agreement changed since 2012?-Do you have children together, if so what is their age and arrangements?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are in England
No intention or agreement change since 2012
We have no children together
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Despite what he is requesting, as long as the deed of trust has been signed and executed correctly then tit will be legally binding and he will only be entitled to 10% of the proceeds of sale. The deed of trust will need to be produced should he pursue the matter to court.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you