Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Thanks reply . What would happen if my partner

Thanks for your reply . What would happen if my partner refuses to proceed with the house sale ?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
If your partner refuses to sell the property then you will need to apply to court to force the sale - this is done under Section 14 of TOLATA (Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996). You will firstly need to write to your partner under a "pre-action letter" outlining your intention to sell the home, and if no agreement is received that you will proceed to court within a reasonable time. If there is no agreement a Claim has to be submitted to your local county court under Form N1 and a £355 court fee.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you