LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I am a lodger renting a room with a live in landlord Under

i am a lodger renting a room with a live in landlord
Under the termination section of my contract the following is stated:
The licence to occupy, granted by this agreement, shall end on the earliest of :
(a) 01.08.2016
(b) the expiry of not less that 7 days' notice given by the Licensor to the licencee if the licence breaches any othe the terms given in clause 3; and
(c) the expiry of not less than 4 weeks' notice given by either party to the other.
I dont understand does this mean i have to give atleast 4 weeks notice and leave on 01.08.2016
or does this mean if i give notice to the landlord tommorow i am able to leave 4 weeks after this - approx 09.06.2016
I would really appreciate your help with this as i am really confused
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you. What this means is that you either have to leave on 01.08.16 or give 4 weeks notice if you want leave earlier.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so if i gave my notice today. I can leave in 4 weeks time ?