Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am a lodger renting a room with a live in landlordUnder

i am a lodger renting a room with a live in landlordUnder the termination section of my contract the following is stated:The licence to occupy, granted by this agreement, shall end on the earliest of :
(a) 01.08.2016
(b) the expiry of not less that 7 days' notice given by the Licensor to the licencee if the licence breaches any othe the terms given in clause 3; and
(c) the expiry of not less than 4 weeks' notice given by either party to the other.I dont understand does this mean i have to give atleast 4 weeks notice and leave on 01.08.2016or does this mean if i give notice to the landlord tommorow i am able to leave 4 weeks after this - approx 09.06.2016I would really appreciate your help with this as i am really confusedPlease give me a date i am able to leave the the property if i hand my notice in today or tommorow as another person has answered this question however i did not understand the answer.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Your licence ends on 1 August 2016. If you wish to leave earlier you can give 4 weeks notice and can then leave once the notice expire - so if you give your notice tomorrow, your last day will be 9 June 2016.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you