13262538

Ex booked a 4 week holiday to Florida, without my consent for

Customer Question

Ex booked a 4 week holiday to Florida, without my consent for our son. We agreed to sit and discuss all the concerns/worries, she led me on for months, then booked behind my back. Now she's taking me to court, because we haven't come to a mutual agreement yet, and she apparently needs my consent for the travel agents.
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow old is your son and what are your concerns about the trip?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
19 months old.
He doesn't handle heat well, she's not the most attentive of parents (very bad hygiene when he's with her), she's not going for him going for her, I had to fight just to see him/be part of his life, this was (in my opinion) spite because she lost the battle over religion in court (booked right after the loss).
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not to sound rude, but I asked for a priority on this, and laid the extra, it's nearly been two hours, and I've had one reply.
I need assistance, as I have to respond to her solicitor by this Friday evening.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, well I would like to request my money back. As this is not funny. I get charged extra, and get one response in two hours.
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.
My apologies for the delayWe are all working lawyers and I am afraid I had a Court Hearing this morning to deal withWhat contact do you have with your son and what do you mean by bad hygiene?Where will she be staying?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She's staying in a villa, apparently 15mins from disney theme park.
I currently have 3 days/2 nights with my son, based around my shifts and I had to fight to make it regular. She messed me about like crazy first few months of his life. And she constantly threatens me with stopping the access, whenever she doesn't get her way.
I picked him up a few weeks ago and he had nappy rash and smelt like he hadn't been bathed all week. 48 hours later, his rash was gone and he was fine.
Less than 6 days later, he was again smelly, still had poo in his bum crack (but not a dirty nappy) and had developed a major fungus infection in his groin/inner thigh area.
All I ever wanted, was for her to stick to her word, and sit down and come to an agreement. 4 weeks is excessive, and she doesn't look after him properly. Without my weekly intervention, how bad will his hygiene become? Especially in a warm/hot humid country for 4 weeks?
I have no quarrel with him going on holiday, but I want to know that she will look after him. She's a compulsive liar, so her word is not enough.
If she takes me to court, what expenses will I have to pay out?
If she wins, do I pay any major expenses?
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.
Who is she going with? has she often holidayed abroad in the past?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She's going with her family. 5 other people, one as young as 7 and one very elderly. Both her parents, but one is slightly disabled (bad problem) and her father isn't the most athletic/healthiest of people.
She's only 21 and never taken a child herself.
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.
It is always hard to predict what will happen - but four weeks is a long time to be away - and along time for you to loseAre you going to have a holiday with your son as well?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't afford a holiday, plus, my work makes it difficult to get time. High turn over of staff, so constantly having to cover overtime and having holidays rejected.
If she wins, do I have to pay any fees, other than what would be expected (I.e. My own legal representation)? I don't want to end up paying, when it's not my fault she lied and left it till last minute to try and get my consent.
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.
You certainly will not have to pay her costs as your reservations are reasonableIn fact a four week holiday is a long time for a child - especially given that you have a shared care arrangement and you have had to fight for that.I woudl counter offer an agreement to a two week holiday providing evidence of flights and accommodation is given.I would NOT use the health arguments they will diminish rather than enhance your casePlease ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have tried to counter with a less time holiday, but she's never ever tried to compromise. In fact, she usually thinks she has some divine right over his life. Like I'm a glorified babysitter.
As long as I am not liable for any fees, other than my own legal fees, she's more than welcome to take me to court.
I believe I am being reasonable.
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.
I agree - she is not being reasonable - I hope all goes well