13262538

My daughter got married on April 7th. They have 2 year old

Customer Question

My daughter got married on April 7th. They have 2 year old twins. 22 days later on April 29th. He walked out on them. Says he doesn't love her and wants out. Can you tell me if he is legally bound to support them, mortgage, energy bills, food etc
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. She can immediately apply for child maintenance through the child maintenance service, however in terms.of financial relief for spousal maintenance maintenance and any other finances she will.need to apply to court alongside a divorce and it is for the court to decide if there should be such an order. Unfortunately she cannot apply for divorce until they have been married for at least one year.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I have been a family lawyer for more than 30 years.Whilst your daughter cannot Petition for a divorce until she has been married for at least a year that does not mean that she cannot apply for Spouse Maintenance before then - or for the other financial issues to be resolved.This is done usingS27 of the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 (MCA)As a starting point your daughter should try and discuss matters with her husband using Family Mediationwww.familymediationcouncil.org.ukPlease ask if you need further details