75100385

My dog ran off at night when I was walking her and went up

My dog ran off at night when I was walking her and went up a steep bank on to a main road and was hit by a car and killed. The car will probably be written off by the insurance company. Will the company be entitled to pursue me to pay them their total loss?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.I am very sorry to hear about your dog. How much is the damage to the car do you know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The damage to the car is £ 2750 which is just more than the value of the car so the insurance company will undoubtedly write it off.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Potentially you could be help liable but the insurance company would have to show that you were negligent.If it was just an accident then you wont be liable, but in any event they may not even pursue you.But they could technically if they could show you were negligent.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent my original question at 1240pm and received an acknowledgement from Alex W at 1249pm together with a further question which I answered at 1253pm. I am disappointed to have been camped by my computer for the last hour waiting for a reply. Surely the question of principle here cannot be too involved?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Can't you see the answer above at 103pm? If not I can resend it. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After another fruitless hour waiting for a reply, I can wait no longer. If you have a reply please send it to me at***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply now received on our live mail, I had been waiting on justananswer/waiting room. Thank you. Michael Draper
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Can you see I replied shortly after you responded? Can I clarify anything else for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer is fine thank you, ***** ***** required thank you.Michael Draper