12826847

I have a problem with a neighbour who is harassing me and making up lies about me and

Customer Question

Hi, I have a problem with a neighbour who is harassing me and making up lies about me and last night I was visited by the police at 11.10 to say this guy has made an allegation of assault against me. They wouldn't tell me what, where or anything about it, but asked me to attend a taped interview on Thursday at the police station. They have told me I can have someone with me, is it best to get my own solicitor or use the duty one provided or just take a friend with me. Its a pack of lies but I have no witnesses.
regards ***** *****
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have an existing relationship with a solicitor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to ignore him hoping he will go away but he is just getting worse, now I have to defend myself to the police when it's all a fantasy in this blokes head
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. I lost my internet connection. You do need a solicitor. The duty solicitor is perfectly acceptable. All criminal solicitors are on the duty rota save for limited exceptions. The only reason that you may want to arrange one to attend with you is that you will be surrendering voluntarily. If you attend with a solicitor then you will not have to wait for duty to arrive. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo