29905560

How do I retrieve my no claims bonuses from past insurers

how do I retrieve my no claims bonuses from past insurers
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Who are the insurers and how long ago were you insured by them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
14 aug 2006 to 7 june 2008
14 aug quote.co.uk to 14 aug 2008
14 aug 2009 to 2010 brit insurance
14 aug 2010 a&a group lmt to 13 aug 2011
22 nov Ageas insururance lmt 22 nov 2012 to 2013
2013 Qutonet to 27 nov 2014
and im now with bewise who want the information to my no claims since 2006 when I passed my test never made any insurance claims need to send info to***@******.*** thankyou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
44 ***********
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I will call in 30 or so just in a meeting now
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I just tried calling but you were out. I will reply on here initially and then I will try calling again after 3.30 if you have any other questions. The legal position is that you cannot expect the current insurance company to contact past insurers to verify you no claims discount. This is something which they can require you to do and it will mean you will potentially have to go back to each past insurer to try and get that proof yourself. Before you do that it is worth checking if you have any correspondence from these insurers which confirms your no claims bonus with them. Usually this will be contained in a renewal letter. If you do not have any such documentation then you will have to contact each insurer directly and ask them to provide you proof of this. The issue here is that legally the companies are only required to keep you details for 6 years so if the insurance is more than 6 years old then they may no longer have details of your past policy with them. There is not much you can do about that unfortunately and it does mean that you are unlikely to be able to get the required proof from them. With the others you will have to either call or better, write to them, to request any information they have about you that proves the no claims bonus. There is no other way to do it – it will have to be persistent attempts by you to get this from them until they comply, assuming they still hold that information about you.