75100385

Someone has made very serious allegations against me which are not true, I made

Someone has made very serious allegations against me which are not true,
I made a grievance about people in my house causing criminal damage like ripping windows out, fire surrounds, gas pipes etc. A panel was formed.
This panel that have compiled a report and stated that I am dangerous to live with and that I should be evicted. This is not true, this part of the report is going to be ignored and the Management committee asked for proof of this and obviously there was none but its clearly libel and this has been distributed throughout members of the coop where I live.
Can I sue these people in local County Court?
If you need more information I can give you this
Alex Elliott
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex and I will help you with this.What loss have you suffered please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Alex W,I am secretary of Georgiana Street housing coop, because this has now been circulated to members my reputation,
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Have you suffered serious harm by this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I wouldn't say any harm,I am quite upset about it and I am looking into counselling as a direct result but that's it,Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Indeed. However the bad news is for you to sue under the defamation act 2013 there is a requirement for you to have suffered serious harm. As you have not I am sorry to say there is no claim. Even if there were it would be high court proceedings which are very costly.Sadly some people are just nasty.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Alex W,Thank you for your help,There is nothing else to clarify,Thanks againAlex Elliott
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it's not better news Alex. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex