12826847

Im a Social club steward who has a salary and a bonus

Customer Question

Hello im a Social club steward who has a salary and a bonus which is normally paid at the end of april for the previous calander year run by committee a committee member advised me that my bonus was at around £2400 at the end of october with 2 months to go ,when i received my april payslip NO bonus was on it at the committee meeting last night the committee member who advised me of the amount in october was informed that no decision has been made and no one remembered what the amount was i have now been told i should receive the bonus at the end of this month but was nit told any amount i wondered how i stand if the bonus is not the amount mentioned if fact should be more as the social club had made profit over the last 4 years Thank you Paul
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello how long have you worked there for and what does your contract state about the bonus?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 years no salary rise in 2 years ,2 years ago i was given a bonus of £1780 which related to bar/club profits for jan to dec 2014 which was paid end of april 2015 so last year jan to dec 2015 bonus should have been paid april 2016 i spoke to the secretary and indicated that on going i wanted a salary rise not a yearly bonus the secretary has taken that i did not want the bonus i made it clear i want want i am owed from 2015 and at my review ongoing i want a salary rise and the bonus scrapped the way the committee work here they find it hard to reward anybody i have been at the club just over 4 years the club had gone from strength to strength making £37.000 in my first year £68.000 in the second and £77.000 last year i was taken on to turn round the losses of the club before i arrived ,i was told that i should get a bonus at the end of this month but not the figure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bonus is related to yearly profit
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Does your contract actually say anything about such a bonus?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will look into my contract as most of the time you are told verbal but will ask thanks will be back
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
No problem, thanks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just wondering if you have had the chance to check your contract over this? Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have asked the club secretary to print me a copy of my contract as i cant find the one i was given ill come back a s a p regards
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Great thanks