Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Lister Croft holds my mother's house deeds and also arranged

Lister Croft holds my mother's house deeds and also arranged her will and my enduring power of attorney for her estate. She is still in good health but at 94 is becoming forgetful - I would thertefore like to implement the power of attorney: what is the procedure? Her name is***** of***** Leeds LS131AT - Thank You
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.Well, provided the Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) does not have a restriction in it, saying that it should only become valid should your Mother lose mental capacity, it is literally just a case of you obtaining the original EPA from Lister Croft and registering it with whichever Banks/Institutions you need to.To enable you to get the EPA from Lister Croft, you will nee to phone them and make an appointment to collect the EPA, taking suitable id with you. The Banks/Institutions will sometimes want to see the original EPA, but normally a copy, certified by a Solicitor, will be sufficient for their purposes. The Solicitor is entitled to charge you for supplying these certified copies, so it would be best to let them know how many certified copies you require, before attending their office.I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.Please let me know if you require any further clarification, but if you are happy with my answer, I wold be grateful if you could rate my answer.Kind RegardsAl