13262538

My mother died 7 and a half years ago,she left all family photo's

Customer Question

My mother died 7 and a half years ago,she left all family photo's to my sister. I have tried a few times to get my personal photo's back.last week my sister said she did not have to do anything.She said my mother was clear on the subject, I said I am sure my mother would have wanted me to have my personal photo's.my daughter accompanied me on this trip. She did most of the talking.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.The matter will depend on what you mean by "personal " photographs.If you mean photographs of you that were taken by your mother or given to her then sadly your sister is correct - if your mother left them to your sister they are hers and she is under nu requirement to share them with you - other than that of natural kindness If you mean pictures that YOU took 9and can prove you took) that happened to be in your mother's care then those are yours and she must return them.If she does not then you are entitled to issue proceedings against her either to force their return of for compensation for their valuePlease ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photographs of myself as a child over the years and grand parents etc.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
If they are not pictures taken BY you then I am afraid you have no right to themI am sorry