13262538

My wife and I retired to Portugal. We sold our house in the

My wife and I retired to Portugal. We sold our house in the uk and place the money into bonds with prudential. We have just received our temporary residency for 5 years. I had to sign a document for prudential because the money came out of our joint account. Yo do with prevention of money laundering. My wife and I are at this moment separating and I have discovered that the bonds are in her name only. She has changed the address on the bonds to her Portuguese address She refuses to give me my share. What can I do. Do I need to deal with this in the uk or can I deal with it through the uk.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhere is the divorce taking place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are not divorcing we have just seperate. But I need to know where I stand regarding my question
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Who arranged to invest the Bonds and what instructions were given?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We agreed on the bonds together then my wife organized it. I was under the impression that they would have gone in both our names. That's what we agreed
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
So you did not deal with the company yourself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I didn't. It was left into my wife to put it all into action. I was expecting to sign documents but I never got to
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then I am afraid that this is an issue which can only be dealt with within the Financial Side of Divorce proceedings - either in the UK or in Portugal.I am sorry - I know that this is not idealIt is posisble that there is some Portuguese Law which you could use but under UK law you are not able to take any actionPlease ask if you need further details