Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My ex husband has been investigated by the CSA and now say

Customer Question

My ex husband has been investigated by the CSA and now say he owes me £29,000+ in arrears, can I take him to the small claims court to recover this debt?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Small claims are only on claims up to a value of £10,000. However, as the CSA are involved then they will discuss with you enforcement options and they have a duty to recalim arrears over two years.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I have been a Family Lawyer for more than 30 years.If the arrears have arisen in respect of a CSA assessment then I am afraid only the CSA can enforce the matter - you have no control over their actions - although they have a wide range of enforcement options.Please ask if you need further details
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry for my colleagues interjection which has only repeated the information I had provided.If you found my response helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.