Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

How long does a separation agreement take?

Customer Question

hello,
how long does a separation agreement take?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. To fully assist you please would you provide further information to the background of the matter, if you are married, what assets and finances are being agreed to and if you have any children together with their ages.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay I need an 'official" document that will be accepted in Italy. I have been separated from my husband for 4 years we haven't lived together. I now live in Italy almost full-time. I have Multiple Sclerosis, my condition has deteriorated
and I now qualify for financial help to cover the cost of carers. I am getting divorced but I need a document that will be accepted confirming our separation before I can finalise that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need an 'official" document that will be accepted in Italy. I have been separated from my husband for 4 years we haven't lived together. I now live in Italy almost full-time. I have Multiple Sclerosis, my condition has deteriorated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you be able to help?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Are you pursuing the divorce in England or Italy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In uk but I need a document in 6 weeks and have been told divorce takes 6 months?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

In England and Wales, there is no formal separation document. The best you can do is prepare a statutory declaration which can be certified by a solicitor stating you are separated.

In England and Wales, you do not need a "separation agreement" for a divorce to begin and finalise.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you that s what I am doing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like more advice but my paypal account is suspended as it was used by someone in Malaysia! How can pay? Have tried mastercard...