31090051

I ended a friendship with a female friend 10 years ago over

I ended a friendship with a female friend 10 years ago over her poor behaviour. She is late 50s and has mental health issues all her life and time after time this is used as an excuse for her poor behaviour. Our friendship ended 10 years ago but sadly in the last 2 years she likes to hassle me on the street or the road when she sees me and I did ask her family to intervene and no help. It has got worse with her loudly taunting me and cat calling across the road. I ignored it for ages and have recently told her directly to stop and she still does it any time she sees me about 3 times a year as we live in the same area and I am seriously thinking of having a legal letter sent to her but I have been told by a solicitor what she is doing is not against the law. That can't be true, can it
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
I don't think your solicitor is right. You are being placed in a state of fear and alarm and distress, you are being harassed and this person is causing a nuisance. This is criminal behaviour at worst and at best a breach of th civil law and actionable. I would find a new solicitor to issue a cease and desist letter before action. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I agree. I think what she is doing is legal harassment and definitely is not unlawful. I think my solicitor, a nice woman, was trying to help me in a way she thought best for me. But I felt frustrated as it wasn't really helping to deal with this ongong issue. I will go the legal letter route as I personally think it would work and alert this person's family that her public behaviour has become intolerable. Thank you again