12826847

My dog ran out of the house when a dog was on the loose going

Customer Question

My dog ran out of the house when a dog was on the loose going down m
the street and m my husband was intent on following the other dog and did not mean to let our dog out. What happened next was that the other dogs owner came up in a car to grab the stray dog and my husband ran to get our dog. A fight ensued with the other dog biting my dogs ear, bothe the stray dogs owner shouting and my husband shouting and my husband fell over. He got up and managed to get hold of our dog whilst the other dog bit our dogs ear. It was terrible. My dog is a ***** *****, who had seen the other dog running free down the road and had began barking and getting worked up. The other dog is a dalmation. My dog has never attacked another dog before. My husband is very angry and says he will not have anything else too do with him.
The question is do I have to worry that this may happen again? Do I have to consider that my dog is an agressive dog and have him put down?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure this is really a legal question.did you mean to post in the vet section?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I may have to have the dog put down as he has become a dangerous dog.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
In law or as of choice?