12826847

I bought a solid pine bed from a local bedding shop back in

Customer Question

I bought a solid pine bed from a local bedding shop back in September. Delivered on 4th Oct 2015. Last night the centre support simply snapped. The bed has not been abused or roughly treated and only one sleeps on it and its a king size. What are my rights to get this repeaired by sending me a new centre support, legs and screws?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What offer have they made?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None as yet because I have not been back to the shop. I need enough information to arm me to approach them. Cost of bed £500
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You are covered by the Consumer Rights Act which replaces the old Sale of Goods Act.

However, it is fair to say that it really doesn't change things all that much. You are out of time to reject outright as S22 CRA 2015 gives you 30 days to do so. You do still have the right to demand a repair or a replacement which should be done within a reasonable time.

In terms of which remedy you can demand it depends. They will almost certainly offer a replacement. They could try to repair though. If they do then you cannot demand a replacement if that remedy is disproportionate compared to the option of repair.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long would you say is long enough with getting this repaired or replaced? If this is a new charge don't reply.