12826847

I have recently been caught by a camera van in an area between

Customer Question

I have recently been caught by a camera van in an area between the 40mph road sign and a40mph fixed live camera. This is a distance of about 200 yards. I have been caught here by the fixed camera before and never go through this over 40 mph now. I feel really aggrieved that there is a live fixed camera and a mobile camera in the same place! This is not a safety issue, if it was the fixed camera would be further up the road, it is purely financial! It feels like entrapment to me! Is this legal and is there anything that I can do about it?
Archie - 10-May-16 @ 11:48 AM
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Were you speeding?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was doing 51 mph between the road sign and the fixed camera
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Sorry if I am missing the point but I'm not sure what defence you are hoping to rely on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it reasonable to have a mobile van as well as a fixed camera in the same place. If the fixed live camera is already in place why is it necessary?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't really matter whether it is reasonable or not. The point is that it is there and they can rely on the evidence. Their justification for having devices at a location is usually that there are a certain number of collisions at a location but it is fair to say that they disproportionately allocate resources into some areas and not others all the time. If they spent less time investigating false allegations of sexual abuse that are one hundred years old they might have time to investigate the odd burglary properly. All they have to show to prosecute this is that the findings are reliable. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's fine thanks Jo
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.All the best.