75100385

Does a business legally need to provide a physical

Customer Question

Hello - does a business legally need to provide a physical receipt at point of sale or can we just offer the option to email receipt? We are a car park and want to have an outdoor touch screen kiosk where you would pay using your card and then email the receipt.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Email receipt is fine - no issue with that.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex - that's great. So to clarify it's perfectly legal not to offer a physical receipt at the point of sale?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And for there to be no option to get a physical receipt.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No because it can be emailed. Everyone has email.Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/