75100385

My son has a parking notice from Civil Enforcement ( Liverpool

My son has a parking notice from Civil Enforcement ( Liverpool ) with no backup in terms of location or previous communication. CEL are un-contactable on their official number and PCNs - except for a payment line. How best to react to this ? He has had several dealings with this organisation before - and paid the fines - but the date of this latest alleged transgression cannot be correct.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Is this from a Council or private firm please/Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A private firm - Civil Enforcement Limited - well known for working Supermarkets etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex - are you still on the case...hard to tell if this remains live...
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am here, but I am on the train so signal keeps on coming and going?Did you appeal the ticket originally?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have never seen any ticket before ; the current notice says that the time for payment of a reduced amount has expired and now £100 is due, followed by Court, County Court etc.... Would it be better if we did this when you are off the train ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex - this is a pretty unsatisfactory online communication. I am not sure why you are accepting questions while you are on a train ? I assume you will send a response to my email shortly ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes I can reply now or when I am off the train.I can reply but its dependant on the wifi service.So its up to you, I can reply now or later on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex - now is good if you can manage that..............
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes I can do that. Was the ticket sent to the correct address as per the V5 do they say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex - we have seen no ticket. Typically, CEL send a photograph of the car in it's errant parking position, with a demand for a sum, usually £60-70, £100 after a specified period. This time we have nothing....but I suppose anyone could say that. If there was anyone manning their phones, we could resolve the uncertainty.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Have you asked for a copy of the ticket?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Or photo?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex - we have tried to call their number but there is no response ; after three requests for payment the line shuts down. You can try it on *********** We have not written to them, which I am guessing is the next step.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes. You should write to them and ask for a copy of the ticket and photo. After all as you say they could be making this up.Then once you get this evidence you can lodge an appeal against the ticket. If the appeal fails you can take it to which ever professional body they are a member of. They have to stick to that code of practice.But if the contravention has taken place you are liable for the fine, as under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 the vehicle owners are now liableCan I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex