Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

Granddaughter had booked a rugby club reception,

Granddaughter had booked a rugby club for wedding reception, this has now changed hands and they are now saying she cannot use kitchen, they will charge corkage and she will now have to supply her own tables, but not before 10.00am on wedding day and must be cleared that night. Needless to say she is very upset and now wants to look elsewhere. Is it correct they can change the terms like this? please
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Does the original contract set these things out in writing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, only that the cars cam stay on premises over night
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks so it is what is verbally agreed that has changed? When is the wedding due to take place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was agreed verbally that the kitchen and special tables would be supplied and entry could be from the evening before the wedding on the 22nd.July 2017 My granddaughter has mental health problems and has to have everything running to order, this has now phased her, we are awaiting a reaction. I know that is nothing to do with the contract but we of course are trying to help her
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
The club is not allowed to verbally change the terms in this way. If certain things have been agreed then they should be honoured. Your Granddaughter should be firm and say that she made the booking on the basis of the original agreement and that she considers it will amount to a breach of contract if they fail to deliver the items agreed. I really hope that she can sort this out as it is difficult if they disagree in that it will be difficult for her to find another venue in a short space of time. If the corkage fee is not included in the contract they cannot charge her one now.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello is there anything further you would like to know?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
i would be grateful if you would be so kind as to rate my answer before leaving the site. I will be happy to answer any further questions you may have on this for free. Thank you and all the best.