LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Im in a rented property and had from the letting agent there

Customer Question

im in a rented property and had from the letting agent there odd job man around to carry out a repair on ceiling he told me that under the health and safety law to stop smoking although I was in a different room and reported me back to the letting agent , now I got a letter this morning saying that im not to smoke in the house, and they have sent me yet another tenancy agreement to sign stating about no smoking in the house 5 years ago before the agents where involved my landlord was ok with me smoking in his property are they just changing the rules to suite them selves ?
also by law has the workman got to provide there liability insurance certificate to me on request and are they required by law to use appropriate signs under health and safety at work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there odd job man is coming round within the next week to change a tap has he got to have the appropriate signs like ( wet floor sign if hes going to be making the floor wet) , ?
does the law state that he has to carry an ID card
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
am I in my right to ask him to see his liability insurance certificate.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years expreience. I will try to answer this for you. When did yo move in? Is your landlord a private individual? Do you have an assured shorthold tenancy