12826847

My daughter was recently accused of driving without consideration

Customer Question

My daughter was recently accused of driving without consideration for others; she was in the overtaking lane doing 70mph (having slowed down when she spotted a police car behind her in the middle lane). She was nervous about the police and worried about speeding. She knew there was a car behind her but it was keeping its distance, not flashing her to pass or anything. The policeman said she was stopping the car behind from overtaking which could lead THEM to "an act of road rage". There were no witnesses. She has been offered a driving awareness course or fine/3 penalty points. She has asked to see a photo of the alleged offence but told that won't happen,if at all, until she pleads not guilty and agrees to contest in court. The easiest option is to do the driver awareness course, but she thinks she's innocent and wants to test the police evidence. Will it affect her insurance premium (as essentially she will be admitting to the offence by attending the Course).
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What is it you want to know about this today please?Alex