12826847

I am coming to the end of a 6 year sentence robbery

I am coming to the end of a 6 year sentence for bank robbery (3 in jail - 3 on licence) I have about 4 months left of my licence period and have not been in any trouble and the probation service is very happy with me. I have previous for theft and fraud by false misrepresentation I fear though that I have done something stupid and I am about to be arrested. I stole a debit card that was delivered to my house mate and used it to withdraw £850 over 3 transactions. What is the likely sentence?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Did you repay the money?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet...I can I am in work but have some debt which made me do it on the spur of the moment. I can pay it off in anstallments
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you think?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello...is there an answer coming?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi I could call in the morning or we could carry on online? The latter will be cheaper for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Carry on online would be fine.What do you think the likely outcome will be?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
ok. Have you complied with all requirements of the licence release?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes Jo.In fact probation has commented many times on how well I have done. I have missed no appointments at all. I have been in employment for almost the entire time and have complied with everything they have asked me to do. I am now down to bi monthly reporting which from what I understand very rarely happens.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
This will really depend on whether or not probation recall you on licence. You are not on a suspended sentence so the Judge cannot start imposing the custodial term. Whether you are recalled is a decision of the Probation team. They can be fairly inconsistent on the point. Clearly there are grounds here to justify not recalling you. This is at the very tail end of the licence period and a relatively dissimilar offence. The view of Probation cannot be guaranteed though obviously. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks JoI thought it was standard practice to recall someone in the event of another crime being committed?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, Probation neglect all the time.And sometimes they make a conscious decision not to do so.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can expect jail time for the new offence though right?Taking into account I have similar previous convictions coupled with the fact I'm still on licence?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not necessarily. It depends on your previous really but I would be arguing that you have had a substantial gap in offending for a person with an antecedence like yours. It is certainly possible though.