75100385

What's the law regarding privet pnc are they enforceable in

what`s the law regarding privet pnc are they enforceable in court?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Could you please explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I parked in ASDA supermarket for more then 3 hours coming back I fined a fine for £65.00 on my car, My question is have they got a legal stand in court against me?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 the law changed and it made owners responsible for parking fines. This was also upheld in the Supreme Court in a case of ParkingEye Limited (Respondent) v Beavis (Appellant).You can see that decision here:https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/uksc-2015-0116.htmlI am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your answer, when you said its the owners responsibility can they force me to say who was driving the car at the time?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No. But then you would still be liable for the fine.Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so to say no mater if I drove the car or someone else drove it, i`m still liable for the fine?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sadly yes. As the owner you are liable.,Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Say that I do tell them who the driver was, dos my liability to the fine shift to the driver or its stays until it gets payed by him? The reason i`m asking is say he ignores them or they cant get hold off him they might try to redirect the responsibility back to me.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No. But then you have to pay the fine if you dont.Does that clarify?ALex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry I`m not clear what you answered
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. You do not have to say who the driver was. But as the owner YOU are liable for the fine.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what I`m asking is for example when you get a picture PNC you have a option to notify them who the driver was at the time and if you do that the liability shifts over to them so I was wondering if it dos apply her as well?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No, it doesnt go to them. Only with criminal offences.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess that`s all Thanks