75100385

What's the law regarding privet pnc are they enforceable in

what`s the law regarding privet pnc are they enforceable in court?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Could you please explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I parked in ASDA supermarket for more then 3 hours coming back I fined a fine for £65.00 on my car, My question is have they got a legal stand in court against me?
Yes. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 the law changed and it made owners responsible for parking fines. This was also upheld in the Supreme Court in a case of ParkingEye Limited (Respondent) v Beavis (Appellant).You can see that decision here:https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/uksc-2015-0116.htmlI am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your answer, when you said its the owners responsibility can they force me to say who was driving the car at the time?
No. But then you would still be liable for the fine.Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so to say no mater if I drove the car or someone else drove it, i`m still liable for the fine?
Sadly yes. As the owner you are liable.,Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Say that I do tell them who the driver was, dos my liability to the fine shift to the driver or its stays until it gets payed by him? The reason i`m asking is say he ignores them or they cant get hold off him they might try to redirect the responsibility back to me.
No. But then you have to pay the fine if you dont.Does that clarify?ALex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry I`m not clear what you answered
Ok. You do not have to say who the driver was. But as the owner YOU are liable for the fine.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what I`m asking is for example when you get a picture PNC you have a option to notify them who the driver was at the time and if you do that the liability shifts over to them so I was wondering if it dos apply her as well?
No, it doesnt go to them. Only with criminal offences.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess that`s all Thanks