12826847

I am Wanting to dismiss a S.O.P.O But I am not sure if

Hello I am Wanting to dismiss a S.O.P.O But I am not sure if its a matter i need to submit to the crown court or the court of Appeal and what form would I submit.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I presume this was imposed by the Crown Court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it was I, Was sentenced for a Sexual offence against a child back in 2006 and recieved a 30 Month Custody Sentence along with Indefinate "registration" requirement and and Indefinate SOPO I have today read that Under the ROA act 1974 Ammended 2014 My Original conviction as become spent.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is this an indefinite SOPO?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is yes
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
To remove a SOPO you have to apply back to the issuing Court which would be the Crown Court. If that application is refused then you would have the normal routes of appeal. The Crown are entitled to notice though. You should be aware that you have to show a change of circumstances which is hard to do with sexual offences by definition as the Crown will say there is a predilection. Although, in truth, quite a lot of convictions for sexual offences don't justify any order at all. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that finally can you tell me what form i would need to submit to the court
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
They don't usually use specific forms at the Crown Court.You just send in written notification of your intentions and I would probably include a skeleton argument.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you for your help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem. All the best.