12826847

I am being summons on a train without a ticket.

Customer Question

I am being summons for travelling on a train without a ticket. I explained at the time the train was just coming into the station and without thinking I ran for it. When approached by the inspector I apologised and offered to pay the fine he refused I willingly gave proof of address he wrote it down said he would summons me asked if I had a comment I replied I apologise. As we approached the next station he walked off not giving me a slip of paper acknowledging our conversation. This all took place in the middle of rush our I feel he has finished writing his report when he got off the trian. I have been told they are going to take me to court for the non payment of a £4.80 fare. I always get a ticke from the booking office or ticket machines outside and have deliberately avoided payment.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Have you contacted the company to discuss your situation?