75100385

A tree with a tpo on restricts my satellite dish signal every

Customer Question

a tree with a tpo on restricts my satellite dish signal every year, can i have the tree lopped/trimmed to get my signal back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tree borders my property and another. Additionally I'm unsure about whether the tree is affecting the footings of my garage,which is connected to my house . The tree base is 10 feet from my garage wall
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.For now,please let me know who owns the tree?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe the responsibility for the tree lies jointly between myself and my neighbour as the tree lies on our property border
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
is it subject to tree preservation order?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Have you asked the council if they would object to pruning?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet I need to contact them so they can have a look,that's why further legal advice is probably jumping the gunNot yet,I'm jumping the gun asking for legal advice until I know what they say.I think they will okay it but I will have to pay even though it overhangs a busy road
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - I would contact them to see if the Council object.If they do then you can complain to the Chief Officer of the Council and set out why it should be done. If the Chief Officer finds against you then you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman.They offer a free and independent service and can examine complaints about Councils. They are at: www.financial-ombudsman.org.ukBut take photos and set out your position to the Council - they should be accommodating.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your hwlp
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex