Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

After paying my Ex the correct amount of money she is

After paying my Ex the correct amount of money she is continually trying to make my life difficult.She has threatened to file an "attachment of earnings" order against me.Clearly this would be very embarrassing to me if it went to my employer. Is there any way to stop the order from going through... or will I have my day in court before a court would even consider such ridiculousness?thanks
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. This is something she would have to go to court to obtain - so you would have your day in court. In any event, it is a criminal offence to harass someone for money under S.40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970. Writing to your employer without actually having a court order would be a particularly serious offence. Can I assist you any further? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is not going to write to my employer. She is sending an application to the court to file with my employer.The emails she continues to send to me I find distressing. Can I file a harassment charge against her under the Administration of Justice Act?What steps can i take to stop her actions?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. You could keep a diary of all her actions and threaten to report her to the police. You cannot stop her from applying to court - this is her prerogative, even if her claim has no merit. Kind regards AJ