How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3654
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

After paying my Ex the correct amount of money she is

Resolved Question:

After paying my Ex the correct amount of money she is continually trying to make my life difficult.She has threatened to file an "attachment of earnings" order against me.Clearly this would be very embarrassing to me if it went to my employer. Is there any way to stop the order from going through... or will I have my day in court before a court would even consider such ridiculousness?thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. This is something she would have to go to court to obtain - so you would have your day in court. In any event, it is a criminal offence to harass someone for money under S.40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970. Writing to your employer without actually having a court order would be a particularly serious offence. Can I assist you any further? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is not going to write to my employer. She is sending an application to the court to file with my employer.The emails she continues to send to me I find distressing. Can I file a harassment charge against her under the Administration of Justice Act?What steps can i take to stop her actions?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. You could keep a diary of all her actions and threaten to report her to the police. You cannot stop her from applying to court - this is her prerogative, even if her claim has no merit. Kind regards AJ
Alex J. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you