29905560

I had fitted wardrobes with sliding doors, doors are

Customer Question

Hello I had fitted wardrobes with sliding doors, doors are gloss whit and mirrored finish with white wood grain surround, and look great closed, now when you open up the doors the interior divides and shelving is cream and doesn't look good at all, I haven't paid yet, were do I stand and what can I do?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
How long ago did you have it fitted?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yesterday
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No am in a minibus on way home from London so can't talk on phone sorry
OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you
Many thanks for your patience. When a consumer makes a purchase from a business seller, they will have certain 'statutory' rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. The law states that the goods must be:· of satisfactory quality – they must not be faulty or damaged when you receive them;· as described – they must match any description given to you at the time of purchase; and· fit for purpose – they should be fit for the purpose they are supplied for, If they do not match the above requirements, you will have certain legal remedies against the seller. Your rights will not be against the manufacturer as they will only be responsible if there was a manufacturer’s warranty or guarantee with the goods. Also note that there is no protection against fair wear and tear, misuse or accidental damage, faults that were pointed out at the time of sale or if you change your mind and no longer want the goods. If the goods do not meet the criteria mentioned above, you will have the following rights: 1. Reject them and request a refund - this is only possible if the rejection occurs within 30 days of purchase. However, be careful as that may not always be possible if bespoke items were fitted 2. Ask for a repair or replacement – you can ask the seller for a repair or replacement. If a repair has been arranged but has failed, or if a repair or replacement are not possible, you are still entitled to ask for a refund, or a price reduction. Alternatively you could get a second repair or replacement at no extra cost to you. A useful rule is that if a fault appears within the first 6 months after purchase, the law assumes that they did not meet the statutory requirements at the time of sale. If the retailer disagrees, it is for them to prove that this was not the case. You can quote the applicable rights you have under the Consumer Rights Act as mentioned above. If they appear reluctant to assist, write to them one more time, warn them that they have 7 days to comply and inform them that if they fail to meet their legal obligations, you will have no choice but to report them to Trading Standards and start legal proceedings to seek compensation for your losses. This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the next steps you can follow to pursue this further, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there I no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 months ago.
Hello, pease let me know if this has answered your original question and if you need me to discuss the next steps in more detail? In the meantime please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. The question will not close and I can continue with my advice as discussed. Thank you
Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.