12826847

As advised I wrote to POPLA and have received a reply saying

Customer Question

As advised I wrote to POPLA and have received a reply saying my 10 digit verification code has expired.easee Is there any thing else I can do please? Jean WArdrop
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
To achieve what please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
either to go to court or pay the fine although I had a valid parking permit on display
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have UKCP photos of the parking permit clearly displayed in the window and the vehicle was parked in my parking bay butI am still told I did not have a valid permit
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
This is a private land fine I presume?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but I have just had notification that the Council have taken it over.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Really?On what basis?Who owns the land?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have forgotten who owns the freehold but the flats are leasehold the managing agents are Andersons and each flat has a designated parking space.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go please reply and I will view later thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Why is it believed that the local council have taken this over? I can't see how they can become involved in land not owned by them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand the Council have taken over responsibility for the maintenance of the road, I assume for some financial benefit.Regarding the parking charge, I have photographic evidence of my visitor's parking permit displayed, supplied by the Debt Recovery Plus Ltd. but UKCP still claim the car was parked not displaying a valid permit. Debt Recovery Plus Ltd. inform me they will proceed with the claim in the Small Claims Court and then The County Court. I am not sure how this works can you explain please. I feel strongly this is an unfair charge but if you consider the best course of action is to pay I will take your advice. Many thanks Jean
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Please forget about that.Did the council own the land at the time the fine was issued?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have e-mailed the property manager to confirm this information I will contact you once I receive a reply It might take a while
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. No problem.