12826847

February of last year I received an anonymous letter

February of last year I received an anonymous letter saying my husband was having an affair. After talking with my husband we realised this was a malicious letter.
A few months later my husband an I both received malicious anonymous letters to both our work place. Addressed to the boss. Thankfully both these letters were found to also be malicious. Another letter from the council regarding noise. Turned out to be a fraudulent complaint.
These letters have been very damaging towards me and my family. We are having problems with a certain neighbour who I think is trying to make us move. The police have been called on a few occasions no no avail. but still this whole situation is breaking me down day by day.
Can I sue for harrasement. I need this to stop.
Regards sharon
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How many letters?How do you know who the author is?Who do you intend to sue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 letters in total.
There is only 9 houses in the terrace. The information in the letters only has to have come from someone in the terrace. I can deffinatly rule out a majority of the other neighbours. I have a little bit of info regarding the neighbour in question due to another letter that he hey have written and signed.
The author of the letter if I can.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. But if this went to court how would you prove who was the author?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only have this one letter that may connect them to my letters. I'm grasping at straws huh.
The fact that the on going harrasement from them has clearly annoyed them that my husband and I didn't part after the first letter saying he was having an affair.
The 2 other letter to our bosses may have got us sacked from our jobs but thankfully not.
This has been going on for over a year and I am finding it very trying.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm assuming I am unable to pursue any case against my neighbours who keep harrasing me and my family.
Sharon
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay.It depends really how far you want to pursue this.You could claim against them in harassment. You will need to prove that they are the authors. The trouble with civil claims is that you don't have police powers to seize samples of their handwriting and offer a specimen.If there is information in the letters that identifies them then that is something you could rely on.The reality is though that you may struggle to prove that they wrote or commissioned the offending letters.In principle though, this is harassment.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time.Sharon