31090051

Must dealer provide me a courtesy van if a part is not in stock

Must dealer provide me a courtesy van if a part is not in stock in UK and Europe? I am using the van for my work and now I have to pay around £230 pounds per week to have a rental van to do my work. My van is two months old, 65 reg and they do not give me any date of when the part is going to be here and when my van will be repaired.
This could take months. I have to pay for the finance of my van without using it and for a replacement rental one to do my work.
I desperately need any advice.
Thank you in advance,
Nick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The van is a Ford Transit Long Wheel Base and one of my drivers hit something underneath. The van was taken by Ford Assist to my local Ford dealership and garage in Reading (Ford Gowrings).
I have in total 6 Ford vans, from different dealers and all services at my local dealer I mentioned above.
The repair cost is as they told me around £300 (parts and labour) but it costs me £230 - £240 per week to have a rental van to replace mine which is in the garage without any idea when it will be fixed. They have already my van there for 2 weeks.
The breakdown was on 29th ofApril.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
As the van was damaged as opposed to faulty and where the dealer is not at fault, there is no legal obligation to supply a replacement vehicle, I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dealer in any case is not at fault for the accident. The Ford is responsible to keep a minimum stock of the perts, especially for brand new models.From their site:
"If you need to stay mobile while your car is being worked on, the centre can provide a courtesy car on request. And all repairs come with a unique three-year collision repair warranty to safeguard the future value of your vehicle".http://www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/VehicleServiceandRepair/VehicleRepair1/AccidentRepairIn all their communication and promotion, there is no hint that someone could have his car/van for unknown period off the road in a garage waiting for a part.This is the dealer's and company's fault.The misrepresentation, that they will keep you on the road effectively. Something that they can not really provide.I will come up with further investigation.Is much more complicated that your answer indicates.(to my biased opinion of course)Thank you for your time...I would love to have a response in order to realise if and why my way of thinking is wrong.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From their site:"Had an accident? Ford Accident Management is a fully managed service here to assist in handling your claim. Our service is free and available to all Ford owners.
Making an insurance claim can be frustrating, so let our experts help you through the process. Just contact us on 0203(###) ###-####and we will:
Recover your vehicle where it cannot be drivenProvide you with a free replacement vehicle during the repairLiaise with your insurance company after notification to process the claim and have repairs approved
Provide assistance in the completion of claim forms
Ensure your vehicle is repaired at a Ford approved Accident Repair Centre using genuine Ford parts by trained technicians
Find out more about Ford Accident Management"
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
You didn't mention any of that in your initial question. If the dealer makes a unilateral promise to provide a vehicle when yours is off the road then you are entitled to rely on that and demand a vehicle provided of course that you qualify for Ford Accident Managememt