75100385

I'm part social housing placed in a private building. My daughter

I'm part social housing placed in a private building. My daughter requires access to parking in basement . The owner is charging over hundred pound a month taking advantage of my situation please help what's my rights as s carer for my daughter
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What does your agreement say about parking please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well the contract with housing stated no parking but at time my daughter wasn't diagnosed with autism she was 1 now few years it's been affecting her daily life and as a lone parent it's difficult to leave her alone as she is unaware of dangers . Social and anxiety affects her everyday living she requires set routine . There is no parking available around the building this too means I would spend half hr looking for parking. I have applied for disability badge but when I told the land lord he said it doesn't matter I still have to pay £100 pound a month. It's causing me distress on my finances and feel he's taking advantage of my child's needs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Surely there must be laws stopping private land owners taking advantage of disabled persons circumstances regarding easy access to parking? I'm a resident here
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Is this the same charge being applied to everyone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think he's charging different rates there are residence who purchased apartments and paid extra for parking. There is also no contract provided just emails , he went from charging 30 pound to 60 pound quotes to 100. He then said he's charging £145 but will charge me £100 . He has parking mangement company issuing fines on cars without permits . I'm not sure why he isn't considering my child's needs. Yet the law for disability persons allows easy access. It's like the law doesn't apply to him just because he's the owner of the building disregarding a persons disability
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
OK - you need to check. If he is charging everyone the same then there probably is not anything you can do about it, because the charge is consistent.If the charges are different and discriminate against your daughter then there may be a claim. You would need to show that she has a protected characteristic under the Equality Act. If you can show that she is being treated less favourably (whether directly or indirectly) then you could take action.You could issue proceedings against the Landlord and prosecute for breaching the Act.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex