29905560

Can you sue someone about you? how many witness do

can you sue someone for lies about you?
how many witness do you need?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Can you please explain what has happened so far in more detail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My neighbour had jumped over the fence at me some time ago i did nothing i was scared and i though he was having a bad turn being a diabetic. He and his wife were very nasty to wards me. I brought up what he did he of course said i was lying.
This had happened because i put up three of wood on the fence and they said it was there fence, i said it was a border fence They preced to come over and take it down, I suggested that we should bring in the council and let them sort it out. Now they are say they are going to suit me. Can they?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Very unlikely that you can be sued for this. To be able to sue you they must show that you have either spread lies about them to others, which has severely damaged their reputation, or that they have suffered losses as a result. In the circumstances it really does not appear likely that they can satisfy either so the chances of any sort of claim are minimal. Also whilst it is not necessary to have any witnesses apart from the claimant, the lack of such will make the claim even harder as it will effectively be your word against theirs and a court will be reluctant to make any sort of judgment in their favour if they cannot substantiate that claim. So I would not overly worry about these threats, that s all they are likely to remain as. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When we moved into this house there was a basic fence up of vertical supports and three pieces of wood horizontally across it. The estate agents informed us it was in our garden. When the neighbours moved in they said they were going to put a fence up. That was fine. But they pulled up the supports and moved them further into out garden. We heard them say that they would move it further in but our garden path stopped them. We also have 2 gates with support there. We did not want any conflict and allow them as they first said it was omly to straighten up the fence. But they became unpleasant and angry when we said they where moving the fence to far in. They place wood along the fence. They now say the whole fence it there that they paid for and put it all in and that it sits in their garden and we cannot touch it. They keep saying strange things like I am watching them just because I have stepped outside into my garden even when I am at the other side so I have been trying to advoid being out them they are. I put up three piece of woods to try get a little privacy and stop the nonsense but they have become nasty saying I need a psychiatryst and it their fence and I cannot touch it. I said but its in my garden and they said it not. The support pole for my gates are along the fence which they have used to put the wood on. They have only place part of a slab in the front garden in front of the support beam for our gate. They come over and cut our brush and lawn over out flower in our garden saying that part is theirs. There a low wall across the front of our garden with some plant init. They have tried to claim it as their even thought it is directly in front of our house, in front of the bedroom window.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Steven the man next door has said at time he will cut away our plants, he just spoke it randomly as I was in the garden to my face, I was always socked by it. There is a pipe that comes out of the ground next to the path at the front. This path goes from the front of the garden along the side of the house to the back garden and has always been there. I think it is for overflow. It is mostly in our garden but he has threaten to ripe it out, that his words.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
ok none of this actually changes what I said before in reality, the position in law still remains the same
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don;t like conflict but I cant take this anymore and I don't know what to do.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
if he continues to threaten you then it could amount to harassment, I can discuss that further with you, so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there I no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for putting my mined to rest.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
you are most welcome