How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11146
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am the editor of the Daily Squib, an online satire

Resolved Question:

Hello, I am the editor of the Daily Squib, an online satire site akin to Private Eye. We deal with political satire and factual politics. There is a site maligning our reputation and it is on the first page of our search page. Our site is at and the offending site is at
They are writing stuff that is false. For example we get more traffic than what they say. Secondly they are saying we are not child safe, and this is affecting our advertising revenue greatly. We deal will satire which can be cutting at times, but this is no reason to malign us and ruin our web reputation. We have written to them numerous times but with no reply.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Your lawyer should issue a cease and desist letter instructing them to remove the untrue statements. If they don't do so then your lawyer would raise proceedings for defamation which would be an application for an order to remove the untrue statements and for damages.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you