75100385

I am a freelance pharmaceutical engineer working on a short

Customer Question

I am a freelance pharmaceutical engineer working on a short term assignment in Kent since February this year.
The assignment is through a long established contract agency, Roston Technical Services Ltd.
They have a contract with Maetrics Ltd who are supplying validation services to Novartis Ltd, in Kent.
I had a telephone interview with Maetrics then a brief on site "kick off" meeting in Kent before starting some two weeks later after security checks.
It is important to note that I've lived in the Netherlands for several years but still maintain a house in Dorset.
Maetrics Ltd are now threatening me personally with legal action and a claim for damages for a potential overun in the project which still has over 2 weeks to run.
I have available the following documentation:
1. Assignment letter from Roston Technical Services (PDF)
2. The threatening email from Maetrics Ltd (PDF)
3. A partial scan of the agreement between Maetrics and Roston (PDF) forwarded by Roston
4. An SOW signed by Roston (PDF) forwarded by Roston
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me an opinion as to whether I have a contractual obligation to Maetrics Ltd.Rotons assignment letter is very general in content and style.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.I dont understand, how did you cause delay? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My uk mobile number is ***** 452470, with good reception here in Netherlands
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
When would be good to call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any time after 4pm would be good. Should be home and near laptop if you need me send PDFS of documents.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now. Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
To confirm your contract is with Rushton and you are paid by them. Its nothing to do with Matrix and you are only liable to Rushton.