12826847

Who owns the property once an eviction order has been actioned

Customer Question

Who owns the property once an eviction order has been actioned to cover a court judgement for theft.Property handed over tp plaintiffs solicitors for sale -who covers insurance for property ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHave the Plaintiffs tried to charge you for items stolen after the locks were changed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No items stolen were for sailing club and others but house was trashed totally we have photos as permission was given to enter to read meters.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only need to know after eviction from property by bailiffs for court who then owns the huose and covers the property insurance and contents left after bailiffs left.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Is this a mortgage repossession?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no an owned property no loans or mortgage on it
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Sorry on what basis was the property repossessed then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
court case for theft from a trust fund costs and repayment to fund £90,000 ;we now have a Kent Police report not seen clearing the person of any theft.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
So it was taken as part of a Proceeds of crime claim?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes,the Solicitors then put the house up for sale. But I want to know who insures the property after eviction under the Court order?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
That is intriguing.IN a straight mortgage repossession the position is straightforward and the property becomes the responsibility of the Mortgage CompanyBut this is not such a case.What is the exact wording of the Order regarding the appropriation of the property?